Fall Veggie Pot Pie
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 yellow onions, diced
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1/2 turnip, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 tablespoon fresh, flat leaf parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place olive oil in a large saute pan and set to medium heat. Add the onions and cook for a minute.
3. Add the butternut squash, carrots, potatoes and turnip to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in peas and take the pan off heat.
4. In a saucepan, heat the butter at medium heat. Once it has melted, add the flour and whisk until combined. Whisk in the vegetable broth 1/2 a cup at a time. Whisk in the heavy cream. Remove from heat.
5. Pour cream mixture over cooked vegetables and toss to combine. Mix in parsley.
6. Transfer mixture to a 9 by 9 glass baking dish.
7. Top with puff pastry sheet and fold into sides of pan.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.